View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd November 2008
FreeBSD 2.2.6 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snes-addict View Post
Just curious, but specifically what are these tools? Do you have a web site with more info on it? I'm not a web developer, but when I noticed the term Libertarian, I couldn't help but take interest.

Ron Paul for President! (hey, I can dream, can't I?)
The tools basically amount to "in-a-box" solutions for pro-liberty orgs like LP state and local affiliates, PACs, etc.

The foundation is going to be wordpress (or wordpress-mu) for the front-end content management, CiviCRM for the contributions and event planning and some other functionality, and Advokit for volunteer project management. Add to that a unified look&feel, authentication/SSO that works together between all components, and some custom tools added to the mix as we realize we need more things that don't already exist. Then create a community of theme-makers by documenting the theming interface very well, and I think we'll have a product that will be downright useful.

There's no website for it yet. We'll have one on the Berlios project at some point, http://lptools.berlios.de/ once someone makes one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
Until the GOP becomes part of the history books for once and for all anyway, lol.

I know a few who are likely voting Libertarian, but none are web developers -- other wise I'd forward them here.
IMHO, the GOP (like the Dems) was relegated to history when they gave up on any semblence of real principles.
As far as I'm concerned, they might as well both call themselves the "Party for Feudalism and Slavery."