View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st October 2010
Package Pilot

Thanks BSDfan666,

Quote:
VMWare is probably the only VM product that appears to be supported by OpenBSD developers, or, at least partially tolerated.. there is even a driver now for some of the guest OS functions.
I did not know PcBSD supported VMWare. But I do know they got a kick butt VirtualBox PBI, and once I switch to VMWare, I'll be in PC heaven. Now "ALL" Windows versions has a place on my machines once again, but only in VM.

http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/213/virtualbox

Anyway, I gone head over hills for PcBSD as my ultimate workstation until QUANTUM. I need to get to work now. I wasted too much time trying to learn how to do it all myself. PCBSD is fine with me. It's mind blowing. I never liked Explorer but now I love KDE, but like Windows multi-windows mode, GNOME is as strong if not stronger than the greatest thing Windows ever had going for itself "Open each folder in its own window" (which unfortunately ended with XP). I haven't found out how to do that with Vista or Windows-7, to date. PcBSD-GNOME is kicking a*s on my AMD. Now I think and work better with FreeBSD servers as servers from there, without the help of LINUX partition-format in the way. BSD for BSD ... my biggest worry ever is finally over

I get it now.

Thanks again BSDfan666