View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th January 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAeon View Post
@vermaden
Thanks for the links, vermaden! There are really interesting things on these links, that I have not seen before.

But what do you think about creating the game from scratch? Using php/mysql I could write some web interface, and also I can track which user has accomplished a level, who did it the fastest, etc. But this is the easy part.

The hardest part I think would be to make the levels - to create the exploits in the system, the tasks which needs to be accomplished and so on..

Of course for security reasons the virtual system which the game will be running on will allow only incoming connections and no outgoing.

So what do you think - is it worth doing such a game or it is a waste of time?
If you have time and skills it will be great idea, check BSDA certification for example exercises, imho using jash or other javascript/ajax sollution with you php/mysql backend, imho better use postgresql backend with django, itd far far better sollution then php and mysql.

level, imho start from basics, find that and that, enable that and that, and so.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd