View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th July 2008
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
There are a few things you can do, first of all, set WITH_LDAP_MODULES in your port so that when apache gets pulled in it's built with LDAP.
That's probably the first thing I tried (sorry, should have mentioned it), and it doesn't seem to do it. I added
WITH_LDAP_MODULES=yes
to my makefile, but apache's configure script still comes up with

checking whether to enable mod_ldap... no
checking whether to enable mod_auth_ldap... no

whereas they're both "shared" if I put "-DWITH_LDAP_MODULES" (or "WITH_LDAP_MODULES=yes") on the 'make' command line for my port.

I also tried poking around in Mk/bsd.apache.mk and setting some of those variables in my makefile, like _APACHE_MODULES, still no luck.

but *sigh* I just re-read the 'make' man page for the nth time.
.MAKEFLAGS += -DWITH_LDAP_MODULES
or
.MAKEFLAGS: -DWITH_LDAP_MODULES
is either method (target vs. internal variable) better than the other for any reason? I looked at other ports but only found one example of setting the variable. looked in /usr/src and found one example of the target method and possibly one example of setting the variable. I think that setting the variable is what I want, since it doesn't matter for my port, just apache. my port has just one other dependency, which also doesn't care about ${WITH_LDAP_MODULES} (or LDAP in general).

Quote:
People who already have Apache installed without LDAP will need to (manually) reinstalled apache, you will need to check if apache is installed with LDAP (For example by checking if a certain file exists, or by grepping apache --version) and bail out if apache isn't built with LDAP ...
yup. just taking one step at a time here, really.