View Single Post
Old 24th February 2012
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
@aleunix, a more accurate way to phrase that would be, "I would prefer better support for my hardware."
Partially true but even partially wrong.
Sure, i would like even my old hardware supported ... but i don't use closed driver (i use the standard VESA for my monitor).
Also i read the support for the Intel Sandy bridge remains back on the bsd world.
While i have no idea about the amd bulldozer or the amd fusion.
If an hardware isn't supported you can't use a system and if you can't use a system you can't add users and this means less diffusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonfowl View Post
Amiiiiico ! Come state ? :-)

well , I see it differently .. I have successfully installed OpenBSD on dell/ibook/imac/acer/old xeon/hpcompaq/ .. so far I have no problems except an ibook's wi0 issue ..
Frustrato perché nonostante abbia un sistema vecchio, e siano passati anni da quando l'ho comprato, ancora ho problemi ad installare openbsd.

About the rest, you have made example of branded hardware, while i use assembled computers ...
The only shop on my city that give some information about linux compatibility, after its acquisition, don't give anymore these informations (or at least i don't see it on their site now).
The computer where i have problem was "certified" for linux, that means that even if i look for system that work for linux, don't automatically can work even for bsd.

Last edited by aleunix; 24th February 2012 at 01:28 PM.