View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th January 2011
Port Guard

Question

jggimi,
No, Firefox is not in full screen mode. All I know is that I somehow coaxed the browser window into moving up and now I can't get it back, or move any other window apparently.

wimwauters,
coherent binaries and matching packages? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I installed from cd48.iso as is and firefox 3.6.8 was the first and only package i installed (it was the only version listed so I installed it)

killasmurf,
Thanks for the links. They will be helpful. But I'm afraid your config files are a little over my head :P

I did find something odd though...

By default fvwm loads one 3x3 desktop, but nothing is returned when I run:

cat /home/user/.fvwm2rc | grep Desktop # (looking for DesktopName or DesktopSize)

I ran the same command for the system.fvwm2rc, system.fvwm2rc-sample-1, and system.fvwm2rc-2 files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm/ and nothing is returned.

So I added "DesktopSize 2x2" and "DesktopName 0 Main" to my home config, restarted fvwm, and I still have a 3x3 desktop?!

So obviously fvwm is not being affected by my /home/user/.fvwm2rc file!
Now, I don't mind fiddling around until the key bindings are they way I like, but does anyone have any idea why fvwm is not being affected by the changes I make in the file??

Jack