View Single Post
Old 18th August 2011
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Very odd. I guess once something is NTFS, it won't let you change it. You could always zero out the MBR sector with dd ... no, wait, I guess you can't.

You can always use a command window and the Windows format command.

Start...Run....cmd if you've never used a command line on Windows before. You will get a text based window containing a command line prompt.

Use format /? to get a description of the command and its options and operands. /FS:<filesystem> is the operand of specific interest. FAT32 is the filesystem type you are looking for.

This command should change the MBR partition table while formatting. If it works at all.
Well still only for ntfs works.Also i tried a windows program(Aomei Partition Assistant) which also only formats to ntfs.If i try fat32 : Sorry,the current operation has been canceled!:Information Code:102.Description:Certain Bad Sector exists is DBR

I don't think that it's worthy of any more trials.Since i'm not going to use other OS than OBSD on my desktop and ntfs is read-only on OBSD,it's just not practical.Well I got my lesson for backing up,that's SURE.Too bad that it was the 2TB disk.

Last edited by sepuku; 19th August 2011 at 01:28 AM.