View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th July 2010
More noise than signal

Since you insist on some mind reading, I'm going to take a wild guess that you need to review the Bind 9 Administrator Reference, and your named.conf file, or related configuration files. I'm going to guess you have some allow-query phrase somewhere which disallows resolutions.
Quote:
When used as an access control list, a non-negated match allows access and a negated match denies access. If there is no match, access is denied. The clauses allow-notify, allow-query, allow-transfer, allow-update, allow-update-forwarding, and blackhole all use address match lists this. Similarly, the listen-on option will cause the server to not accept queries on any of the machine's addresses which do not match the list.
If this isn't your problem, it's because I'm a poor mind reader.

(Hint) Try posting, at the very least, the dmesg of the system where the BIND server resides, and if you're using the built-in server, or, if you're using something else, such as a port of ISC's BIND 10.

While 3.9 might date from 2006, and has been unsupported since 2007, it was still using BIND 9. A different release of it then used today, 9.3.1 vs 9.4.2-P2.

(Second hint) If you want someone to review your DNS configuration, you will have to post it. I would post with obfuscated addresses/names for anything not on your private network.

Last edited by jggimi; 12th July 2010 at 05:45 PM.