Thread: Kinda cool idea
View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th October 2014
Shell Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
That OS has too much suckless code not to suck if you know what I mean.
I've always admired your candor. Too bad people are so easily offended. That usually means that the person fears you are correct, but wishes to protect their sentiments with some denial of their insecurity.

Like most small projects, it will never see the time invested that it needs to even approach usability by more than a handful of folk. Even if it had greater usability, like others that have risen from obscurity, it will never reach the level of maturity many have come to expect. If one day a little project like that reaches the expectations of the mass, it will no longer have the unique qualities that made it interesting.

I am so obscure in opinion that I become easily displeased by the smallest of innovations. I liked the idea of Plan9 before people endeavored to port C++ to it. I also disliked the advent of JavaScript and the more recent Html5. Since I don't live in a world of the obscure, I am the one that must adapt.

Might mean that I am at some level autistic or that I am just getting old (stubborn).
There was this Krishnamurti guy, he once said that choice does not represent freedom. Choice is a sign of confusion. If the situation is clear, the direction is obvious without needing choice. The idea of doing everything one right way, just doesn't seem appropriate for the needs of the many, no matter how much I wish it did.

I also suffer from enjoying my own writing and the idealism of the suckie <- per Oko. Even though both may become a little redundant. Hmm.... maybe the later described the previous. I don't seem to care that much.

Last edited by fn8t; 19th October 2014 at 06:23 PM.