View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th May 2011
Package Pilot

Default buildworld-installworld for Jail?

I never done any of this before. I want to do this with a freebsd system already installed on my machine (FreeBSD 9.0 current). My plan is to creates some jails. In the pass I read about easy-jail but for the pass few days I read more about how people are doing this with make-buildworld, than make-installworld to a directory named jail.

My questions are:

1)
Should I install all of my programs first, like pf, apache, cherokee, perl, etc, before make-buildworld -- make-installworld .. than go to the jail directory and remove what is not needed using pkg_delete?

2)
Or should I add nothing but on a freshly installed system, than add the programs from inside the jail?

After all of the googling I done, this was not indicated in any of the threads I found. Also even buildworld-installworld for Jail is all new to me or just sinking in since I am finally ready to really try.

Thanks in advance for any info

PS: Since this is a current-OS and not an release I guest my buildworld would be sent to a directory than I can installworld only to a jail directory, so there no need to mergeworld... do that make since?

Last edited by sharris; 12th May 2011 at 08:10 AM.