Thread: Unix Popularity
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2008
UNIX lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatux View Post
What? This statement doesn't make any sense. Of course it matters what you think is available as a viable option. You generally will consider all options before making a final decision, which suits your budget and needs equally.

Heterogeneous environments are fine if they fit your needs the best.

And, if you had read the first paragraph of my post that you quoted, then you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous statement. Remember, I never really gave commentary on Windows. I don't use it because I don't need to or want to. I steer away from that.

>What? This statement doesn't make any sense.

Are you working in such an environment or are you just dreaming at home? If we have a certain task to fulfill we are looking for the proper tool, not the other way around. There is no dogma to fulfill like 'be free or die'. So we're a not going for Apple, we're looking for the proper tool and it can be Apple, but most of the time it is something PC with Linux, BSD or even Windows on it. Do you get it?

>then you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous statement.

Young padawan you should think first then speak, it's nothing to boil up your blood it is just a common experience, an analysis of some part of the real world. I'm not married with my hardware or software, I'm married to a nice woman - so maybe there are some hot tempered sayings, but nothing personal if you aren't a stock-holder of some company ;-)

>Fanboyism is something for the pleasure at home.

>That's the reality out there in the wild. Fanboyism is something for the pleasure at home. My home is my castle and my personal data center ;-)

You are able to read sentences in context? Yes? Then please do so, it's nothing about _you_ it's a common saying on the topic.

@scottro, at this point there is nothing to close imho, just some realistic point of view.