View Single Post
Old 21st June 2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post
Erm, why were you banned? Was it without warning?
Long story mate.

1. I got PM from Neo that on mine thread on unix.com that I nobody posted for about 2 years I linked to bsdforums.org and on mirror thread on bsdforums.org I did not linked to unix.com. He also cried about my site, that I have links to all major UNIX resources but not to unix.com and that was his warning with 10 points of something, dunno, maybe 10 xp points and I will level up in short time ...

2. I replied that there was no sense in linking to unix.com thread since NO ONE post any posts there, and there was a reason to link to bsdfoforums.org because we had some discussion there I also offered this thread if he feels sad about that. I also said that I will add a unix.com link to my site because I am currently working on new version of it.

3. He replied with info that unix.com links are always deleted from bsdforums.org with PM message that was quoted here on the first post.

4. I started this thread with quoted PM.

5. I got PM from Neo that posting someone's PM is not kind because they are "private".

6. I replied to him, said sorry, I did not knew that it was so secret for him (was it?). I also checked my site if I really missed unix.com link and Neo just did not find unix.com link on my site, so I also added info to my PM to Neo, that my site contains link to unix.com on *. vermaden > whois: > unix.com place.

7. Next day I got banned with no reason.

8. Several days later Neo added info to my ban that I was banned because of posting PM's to public (it took whole 2 days to add that info).

Rest is described by Carpetsmoker.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd