View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th May 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonfowl View Post
It keeps saying "failed to create drawable" each time I start firefox when on fvwm.I wonder why it's the case with firefox (only) .. do I miss any related lib or something ?
daemonfowl, in each & every one of your posts, you have a goal. That goal, is to provide sufficient information for your readers to understand:
  • What operating system is being used. No where in your post is this information provided.
  • Which version of the operating system is being used. No where in your post is this information being provided.
  • What are the applications running at the time when the error occurs? Only applications coming from packages? Packages made available through the project, or ones you have compiled yourself? Is there anything else which is running which others might not recognize of have any knowledge of consequences? Any applications you have/are porting yourself which are not provided by the OpenBSD project?
  • What is the operating environment in which this error occurs? No dmesg(8) output is provided, so no information is provided as to platform or other hardware considerations.
  • Has any effort been made at all looking for a root cause? Internet searches? Source code of the system or applications involved?
What readers of your message are going to conclude is that you aren't putting forth much effort to understanding the fundamental problem. They are going to conclude that you want them to do all of the work. Most are going to read this asking "Why should I bother getting involved with this issue?"

Some might just respond with links like the following:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=failed+to+create+drawable

Is this the kind of response you are wanting?