View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th May 2008
Arp Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustcoder View Post
What I mean to say is that we arent on a domain (yet, one of my many projects to do here), and it tries to act as a DC, when it does that it messes w/ network shares, and printers. How I dont know, i just know Im tired of it... I have enough to fix here. Wanna fix the small stuff 1st or try to. Also Im just wanting to use CUPS this way due to the rest of my co-workers not being very *nix familiar....
Reminds me of trying to get Windows XP to play 'nice' with my OpenBSD machine when it was hosting SMB shares via Samba.

Samba is very configurable, in my case the windows machines were telling the Samba server to go screw itself when debating who was the master browser or domain controller or some thing like that (*mutters about Microsoft networking*).

Finding an option in Samba's documentation I was able to adjust the configuration file to use a much higher value then the default used in such arguments. Essentially making the Samba server shout back "You are obsolete" and take control of the situation.

( <-- does not enjoy microsoft windows nt)

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.