Thread: MTA thoughts
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008
Risen from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post
Phoenix, are you the person on Zimbra forums with the no longer testing zimbra in your member description. (As the location and intials are the same, I figure you probably are.) With errm, 64 posts to date, I think.
We're wondering about that too--at present, I have it installed but haven't done much with it save set up a few accounts with names like test1 test2.
Yeah, that's me (fcash). Someone beat me to the phoenix username. It gets really confusing on there to see a Zimbra employee posting as phoenix, as I keep wondering what I wrote.

We had a trial install of Zimbre NE for about 4 months, and just loved it. About halfway through the test, Yahoo! bought them. And as I was writing up the final recommendation for the higher-ups to go with it, MS offered to buy them. We've been testing other products (nothing really matches their functionality or openness) in the interim. We were just about to purchase 1600 licenses after MS walked away ... and then that idiot decided to try a proxy battle. So now we're in limbo again.

Looking at the alternatives, though, we're still seriously considering them. We're weighing the pros/cons of the perpetual license vs. regular license against our 5-year plan.

Help for FreeBSD: Handbook, FAQ, man pages, mailing lists.