View Single Post
Old 8th December 2008
Spam Deminer

Code:
ACPI Exception (evregion-0529): AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] [20070320]
ACPI Error (psparse-0626): Method parse/execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._STA] (Node 0xc3ff4cc0), AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE
ACPI Error (uteval-0309): Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._STA] (Node 0xc3ff4cc0), AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE
acpi_ec0: EcRead: failed waiting to get data
Looks like that something is wrong with BIOS. Can you get any information with "acpiconf -i 0", Also do you have only one battery?

This messages can be ignored if they do not cause any other problems.

You could dump acpi tables and ASL with acpidump(8) and explore what are on lines that kernel is reporting. Also it is explained in Handbook.
In my similar (but more nasty) problem I got every now and then various bogus messages that _CRT on tz2 is absurd(256C) and because it is absurd ignored. I fixed it modifing ACPI ASL - the source of problem was that value was wrong, meanwhile I also found one typo (but this one did not cause any problem - it was related to current LCD brightness).

You could also found than various BIOS think that world is full of various Windows versions ...
There was problem when one BIOS vendor did check for Linux - but instaed to providing correct information it was giving wrong one, causing laptop malfunction when powered by Linux.