Thread: Election Day!
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai-danno View Post
Well here goes- I voted for the President.

I'm not against the "3rd Party"/non-affiliated candidates, I just don't think it was all that bad to vote for Obama. I like him, I like what he stands for, and I think he can turn our country around. Oh yeah, and I don't want a hockey-mom that close to the nuclear codes.

BTW, I thought McCain's concession speech was amazing- as much as I disagreed with him during the campaign is as much as I have respect for him after that speech- he stood up in front of a throng of nothing-but-white people and talked about the historical significance of electing an African-American into the Oval Office. Now THAT'S a maverick move!
Congratulations to Barack Obama, I do wish him the best. As I am a resident of the state of Illinois, when he ran for Senate 4 years ago I also voted for him. I knew he would be running for president one day, everyone REALLY liked him when he ran for Senate, also he was running against wacko Alan Keyes.
Anyways even though I don't agree with him all that much, it is inspiring to see the massive amounts of people that he gives hope to. Obama's presidency will be more symbolic to the American people than the effect of his policies.

Also McCain's concession speech was pretty decent I thought too. His Arizona ralliers were however completely rude. There is certainly no reason to boo and scream obscenities at your newly elected president whether you agree with him or not.