View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th May 2008
Port Guard

Default Building Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5 on FreeBSD [solved]

Originally posted on FreeBSDForums. I'm just posting my original post and pertinent replies so that people can look this up from search

I followed all the instructions at http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._Documentation. However, my build fails with:

Code:
/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/js/src/jsgc.c:189: warning: type of bit-field `prevUntracedPage' is a GCC extension
/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/js/src/jsgc.c:199: warning: type of bit-field `arenaIndex' is a GCC extension
/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/js/src/jsgc.c:204: warning: type of bit-field `firstArena' is a GCC extension
/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/js/src/jsgc.c: In function `js_TraceContext':
/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/js/src/jsgc.c:2217: error: invalid operands to binary -
/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/js/src/jsgc.c:2218: error: conversion to non-scalar type requested
gmake[4]: *** [jsgc.o] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/obj-i386-unknown-freebsd6.3/js/src'
gmake[3]: *** [libs_tier_js] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/obj-i386-unknown-freebsd6.3'
gmake[2]: *** [tier_js] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/obj-i386-unknown-freebsd6.3'
gmake[1]: *** [default] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/vivin/mozilla/obj-i386-unknown-freebsd6.3'
gmake: *** [build] Error 2
Has anyone tried to get the Firefox 3 Betas running under FreeBSD? I remember that they used to have FreeBSD binaries before, but all they have now are Windows, Linux, Solaris, and OSX.

Last edited by vi5in; 12th May 2008 at 11:10 PM.