View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th August 2016
Package Pilot

Default OpenBSD foundation, how can it grow?

I think more people would be willing to donate to the OpenBSD foundation, if there were better transparency regarding spendings.

Take a look at : https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/wp...-Statement.pdf
Clear and to the point information about income and expense.

OpenBSD foundation, just give total income and total expense, and there is no way to tell what money is beeing spent on area.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/electri...al-of-openbsd/
Is the 20 000 electrical bill typical for the spending, do they heat a very large swimming pool outside in the artic?
Or was this a one time untypical event.
In FreeBSD Foundation one can read for 2015, they used close to 1400,-. for power

OpenBSD culture is about openes, because when things are hidden, they then do get more dirty. LIke openes regarding vulnerability vs keep "secret" about them.
I think openes regarding spendings would lead to redust wast of spendings, and more donations as it get clear to potential corporate sponsors or donating individual that this is a well organized organization economical, and the resent past with economical difficulties is in the past.

I am not writings this to spread negativity, I write this with the hope of improvement for the foundation. And that individuals with relevant information can post. Other with similar doubts as mine, that dont cear to post, will posible find it torugh google, and can also learn.I really have positive expectations for learning the history and "truth" about this.
I support OpenBSD as a user, and mean no offense. I have not researched this for long. I apologize for my ignorance, if all this information is easily available.

Thank you for making OpenBSD, and thank you for taking responsibility in the OpenBSD foundation.

And what is your ideas for growth?

Last edited by psypro; 12th August 2016 at 08:24 PM.