View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th January 2014
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome.

Unfortunately, libfuse and ntfs-3g were not enabled at 5.4-release because they were in development and not yet fully functional, and therefore considered experimental. I tested libfuse and ntfs-3g in June, and I had to manually add the library and header files to my -current system build, and I needed a custom kernel that included fuse interfaces, in order to conduct those tests.

The OpenBSD Project added libfuse, ntfs-3g, and sshfs-fuse to the -current build on 1 November 2013, and these will be available to you at 5.5-release, expected on or about 1 May 2014.

The ntfs-3g port was in the tree at 5.4-release, but it was not in the build (no packages were made) as the underlying components of libfuse and other dependent services were not yet ready. Here is the most recent CVS log entry for ports/sysutils/ntfs-3g/Makefile applicable to the 5.4 ports tree:
Code:
revision 1.3
date: 2013/07/15 08:05:50;  author: jca;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -7
The uuid library from sysutils/e2fsprogs was renamed, so fix up WANTLIB.
Note: not hooked to the build; likely the last port that needed fixup
for the uuid naming change.  Amit Kulkarni had the same diff,
ok aja@ sthen@
If you wish to use ntfs-3g, you must either wait until 5.5-release or you must use -current. For a description of the flavors of OpenBSD, please see OpenBSD FAQ 5.1.

Last edited by jggimi; 20th January 2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: typos, clarity