Thread: tun device
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2008
VPN Cryptographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomo View Post
But i cant reach transfer rate which is defined on altq definition. For example when i try to download something i have smth about 20 KB/s?
So your problem is, not that altq is not working, but something else somewhere else is not allowing you to reach the full bandwidth that you have specified in pf.conf?
Quote:
Another thing, this traffic on tun0 is also getting to my standard queue on $LAN physical interface(i have little leaks on standard queue (std_lan), from my network which is no yet running with pppoe). How i check the traffic is getting to std_lan queue on $LAN interface, when i trying to download something via tun0, std_lan start increasing...I hope you understand me
Perfectly. Why did you think it would be any other way? tun is a virtual interface (i.e. created in sofwtware), that allows user processes (like ppp) to become a network device. In your case, the packets, wrapped in ppp headers, will exit via $LAN, and will be seen there by traffic counters and restricted by any altq rules you have on $LAN.