Thread: error messages
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2008
New User

Hi I had encountered the exact same problem as you delboy but have managed to successfully resolve the problem.

Have you checked the UPDATING doc in /usr/ports? there is some useful steps in there which helps resolve the problem.

Basically I ended up deinstalling gnome-applets from my system and running the 3 steps listed in the UPDATING document. I then deinstalled libgweather and installed it again (as per jb_daefo's post). After that I went to /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 and ran make reinstall which then went through and reinstalled gnome-applets and it's dependants.

Am sure this was probably not the correct way to get it to work, but it certainly worked for me.

On a totally separate note I would just like to say how very impressed I am with FreeBSD as an OS and as a community. Having never heard of it until about a month ago I have fallen in love with it and subsequently now installed it on all 3 of my laptops (doubling up with Vista on one of them) and even managed to get my 3945ABG wireless working on it (well I was impressed anyway haha).

Anyway, I hope my method helps you too

Chris