View Single Post
Old 13th February 2009
More noise than signal

"I'm not a jggimi, though I play one on TV."

The misc@ mailing list can be a rough-and-tumble place. The key to success on misc@ is to show you've done your homework, and to have the attitude that you need assistance gathering more information, in order to solve your problem.

In this case, you've shared your homework with us, already. I have a feeling you'll be asked to collect data via an attempt to console break into ddb(4), as I described in post #4 in this thread. You may actually want to do that now, and report the results of a backtrace in your posting, along with your dmesgs. If you're interested in giving that a try, read crash(8), first, then ddb(4) and gdb(1). If, after that, you find you're still interested ... but want some hand-holding, let us know and we'll provide assistance.

Your post should include both an APM and an ACPI dmesg, as we've discussed above. But not an "old" one from 4.4-release. You started there, and eventually tested with a recent snapshot. In your post, you can say so, but since you've tested with -current, include -current dmesg's.

Don't link to this thread. The majority of readers will be using text-based mail clients, and will have no interest in going outside of their mail program to read about the problem. Really.