View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th December 2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherval View Post
i have heard that is is the java that makes Solaris so Slow
maybe to correct the problem ill install KDE and use that
lol just kidding.as much as i like KDE .
Yes, JAVA always slowed down everything, including Slowaris

If you would like to check KDE @ Solaris, then check this one: http://solaris.kde.org

But I havent tried that, dunno if it works and so, but BeleniX OpenSolaris distribution offers KDE desktop, maybe that would be better to start playing with.

Quote:
Keep me posted as which you like better i always took you for a BSD Fan most of all
I like both FreeBSD and OpenSolaris and I am aware of both strong and weak points, I only regret that such great work of so many great developers cannot be merged into something that is a medley of these two and create best possible UNIX currently avialable, but I must be dreamer to think that way unfortunelly ...

Thanks for kind words Heather, I appreciate it.

Quote:
i do miss the Speed of BSD alot but my darn UFS Drives id like to be able to write to from there.
I also miss that in OpenSolaris sometimes, but I will be working on it, disabling unneded SMF services and so, maybe I will find something similar to FreeBSD base system minimal instalation or something close to that.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd