View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th August 2008
Port Guard

Personally, the only thing I have recognized is a problem with graphics. When you embed graphics in a OO writer document, save it as DOC and afterwards open it with M$Word, those images are either not existent or they are not interpreted as objects in their own frame, so you don't have a chance of modifying any of their options (including positioning/size).
Another thing is the conversion of tables between OOimpress and M$Powerpoint - I don't remember in which direction, but if you're going to have a table of size 2x2 on one side, you'll end up with 4 text-frames on the other side Of course, not to speak about fonts and animations

A few years ago the german - well, let's call it - "federation" started on migration guides. Version 2.0 is available in English and explains migration problems between M$2003 and OOo (page 273 et seqq.). This document is quite old (2005) and does not deal with all problems and migration in both directions. The new version 3.0 (dated Apr 2008) unfortunately is only available in German right now, but it is a really good comparison as far as I can see.