View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th July 2014
Port Guard

benoit@ suggested "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/conky/libcairo.so", but that did not help.

after more googling, I found out that the reason is that the libcairo.so file was not built during "make install", and this file is different from /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so.0.*, so creating sym link will not help.

I did the following and that kinda worked around it:

1. when compiling tolua++, insruct it to compile shared library instead of a static one
2. manually download conky 1.9.0 source code and apply patches included in its ports(/usr/ports/sysutil/conky/patch) to make it compile on OpenBSD
3. install automake/autoconf/docbook2x/lua51
4. export AUTOMAKE_VERSION/AUTOCONF_VERSION env according to your installed version
5. run autogen.sh
6. run configure with the following opitons:
Code:
env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" LUA_CFLAGS="`pkg-config --cflags lua51`" LUA_LIBS="`pkg-config --libs lua51`" ./configure \
--enable-imlib2 \
--enable-mpd \
--enable-rss \
--disable-config-output \
--disable-moc \
--disable-portmon \
--enable-lua \
--enable-lua-cairo \
--enable-lua-imlib2 \
--enable-curl \
--with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local \
--with-gnu-ld=yes
7. make
8. make install (will hit some error on documents related stuff, but that should be ok)
9. in conky-1.9.0 source directory, do the following to generate the libcairo.so file and others we need:
Code:
cd src/lua
make install
10. if everything goes well, we shoud have /usr/local/lib/conky/libcairo.so.0.0 file. then create a link named libcairo.so pointing to libcairo.so.0.0 under the same directory
11. now we're ready to try conky with some lua/cairo stuff

Here is what mine look like, with the Seamod conky configuration (still some rings missing compared to the original, but I guess that's because that config used some linux specific counters) :

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Conky-...v0-1-283461046

Last edited by bsdplus; 6th July 2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: make image smaller