New User

Default wired and wifi sharing but cant use bridging

Ok, here we go...

I'm working on my network, it look like that physically:

|cable isp|------|openbsd|--(wired)
|
|
(wifi)

(Disregard the graph above, forum formating messed it up)

What I want to do is to share the network between the wired side and the wifi. I have considered bridging the openbsd wifi and wired nic, worked for a while but it drive my wifi adapter fubar after a few hrs. I been digging about that problem before but no luck on that side. So now here I am asking around about alternative on how to achieve a sharing between those 2 adapter without bridging.

Now what I have in mind is to put each adapter on a seperate subnet and tweak the routing table but so far it's beyong my knowledge.

re0 isp cable (dhcp auto)
ral0 wifi 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
sk0 wired 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

what I see so far is pinging from a laptop on 192.168.2 network (wifi) will show icmp request on the wired gateway and on the wired station but no reply are sent back. Same thing if I ping from the wifi adapter to the wired netword device. request is received but no reply. work fine from wired station or from wired adapter on the openbsd to the wired network.

That being said, I would appreciate your suggestions on how I could get the wifi and the wired to talk to eachother without using bridging on the wifi adapter because of the problem mentionned above.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by domdurocher; 4th October 2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: (Disregard the graph above, forum formating messed it up)