Thread: NetBSD router
View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th July 2020
Too dumb for a smartphone

It looks like you have partial progress, but still some mistakes. I haven't been able to follow everything (partly due to lack of time), e.g., I don't understand where mue0 came from. But I'll try to follow up on one area.

The NetBSD machine can be a router, no need for a bridge. As for OpenBSD not having internet, it looks to me like this may be (part of) the problem:

Quote:
openbsd$ sudo route add -inet default 10.0.0.1
What you want to do is tell the OpenBSD machine that the NetBSD pi is its gateway to the world. So you need to put the NetBSD's address as the gateway in your OpenBSD default route assignment. That should be something like this:

Quote:
openbsd$ sudo route add -inet default 10.0.0.2
This tells it to send packets which are not addressed to any specific network it knows about to the default route, and address them to 10.0.0.2 -- the gateway -- which will take care of how to send them along to their destination. It knows how to send packets to the gateway because it's already on a specific network 10.0.0.0/24 that it knows about from the ifconfig statement where you assigned the 10.0.0.1 address to fxp0 with the netmask ff.ff.ff.00 <==> /24 .