View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th August 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguy View Post
Im trying to set up Nfsen on openbsd.
NfSen has not been ported to OpenBSD.

I hope you realize that attempting to configure software not targetting OpenBSD is usually the domain of advanced users. Even on OpenBSD's official mailing lists, requests like this are usually outside of the scope of what is considered "normal" support. Sometimes porting is simple; most of the time, it is not.
Quote:
# pkg_info
rrdtool-1.2.30 system to store and display time-series data
Quote:
Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./libexec ./installer-items /usr/libdata/perl5/i386-openbsd/5.10.0 /usr/local/libdata/perl5/i386-openbsd/5.10.0 /usr/libdata/perl5 /usr/local/libdata/perl5 /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/i386-openbsd /usr/libdata/perl5/site_perl/i386-openbsd /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl /usr/libdata/perl5/site_perl .) at libexec/NfSenRRD.pm line 38.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at libexec/NfSenRRD.pm line 38.
Compilation failed in require at libexec/NfSen.pm line 43.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at libexec/NfSen.pm line 43.
Compilation failed in require at ./install.pl line 44.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./install.pl line 44.
Apparently, the Perl bindings installed through the RRDTool package were not understood by NfSen's Perl install script. This may be due to unrecognized code, but more than likely NfSen is a Linux-centric application. Given that Linux uses a different filesystem structure than OpenBSD, you may have a lot of work ahead of you to change the code into something that will work in the OpenBSD environment. I would suggest you begin by pinpointing what is errant in the above error message, followed by studying the compat_linux(8) & hier(7) manpages.

I have no knowledge of NfSen, so I cannot comment on the configuration files presented. Likewise, I make no guarantee that any of these comments will guide you to a successful port, but if I were you, I'd step back & search for alternatives already available on OpenBSD. I would highly recommend you search for "netflow" on the following sites:If something already available will meet your needs, you have more of a guarantee than walking into a porting project with no guarantee of any kind of workable result.