View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th February 2009
BSD Daemon

Exclamation Java 1.6 plugin not working with Firefox 3

Hi,

I use FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE with Firefox 3.0.5 and am having some trouble getting the Java VM working.

I have tried both the diablo-jre16 and diablo-jdk16 ports with the javavmwrapper installed. I tried the diablo ports installed individually and together, and have tried installing them both from source and the packages on the FreeBSD Foundation website.

At all times there has been a link called libjava_oji.so in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins either pointing to /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so or the equivalent libjavaplugin_oji.so from the diablo-jdk16 port.

Whatever I seem to try the Java VM doesn't work in Firefox 3 and is not listed in about:plugins. A look at about:config shows the following ...

Quote:
java.default_java_location_others default string /usr/java
java.default_java_location_solaris default string /usr/j2se
java.global_java_version_file default string /etc/.java/versions
java.global_plugin_library_name default string javaplugin_oji
java.private_java_version_file default string ~/.java/versions
security.enable_java default boolean true
I tried changing java.global_plugin_library_name to javaplugin_oji.so and even /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/javaplugin_oji.so to no avail. I restarted Firefox after every change too.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I haven't yet tried the diablo-jre15 and diablo-jdk15 ports but would prefer to use the later version.

Thanks in advance,
whetphish.