View Single Post
Old 19th February 2014
OpenBSD language porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdm View Post
Wine will be difficult.
Sure. I don't necessarily disagree with that. Virtualization is definitely difficult but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Personally, I'd prefer to see someone port Virtualbox over Wine, but that's just my opinion. My original point was that fly-by complaints without work attached are better off unsaid.

Quote:
FreeBSD did it because someone did the work for FreeBSD. You can probably look at their mailing lists to gauge how much work it is. Then again there may be things in OpenBSD that make it harder, I don't know.
Right: my post is to say the same thing applies for OpenBSD. OpenBSD will do it when someone does the work for OpenBSD.

Quote:
But by all means give it a shot. If you do make sure to scan the ports mailing lists for past efforts and make sure you're starting with all patches done before. I don't know if everything is in the current port or not.
I wasn't advertising that I am going to do anything. I have a long-standing policy of not taking port requests. Wine/virtualization isn't my itch.

My original post was designed to slow people down from knee-jerk complaining. Instead of complaining, think: "hey, maybe I can do something." And then do that something.

Blah, this is probably too off-topic. So let's get back on topic with the next post.