View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th August 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default OpenBSD release to -current: Xenocara question

Greetings:

I decided to try out the 4.5 -current and reinstalled from scratch.

I was able to checkout the current tree; but I think I confused the Upgrade Process. I was under the impression from the chart of the FAQ Section 5.3.2, we "check out/fetch" the current and build from it.

I was able to checkout/update (since I just reinstalled release) src and ports; but since Xenocara wasn't built, I had errors from cvs.

I presumed that it may be prudent to try to "build" Xenocara before I tried to rebuild the Kernel and Userland per 5.3.1:

Quote:
5.3.1 - Overview of the building process
Building OpenBSD from source involves a number of steps:

* Upgrading to the closest available binary.
* Fetching the appropriate source code.
* Building the new kernel and booting from it.
* Building "userland" ("make build").

There are a couple additional steps that some users may wish to perform, depending on the purpose of the build and if X is installed:

* Building a "release".
* Building X
I ended up getting an error during the Xenocara build:
Code:

===> lib/libdrm/intel
mkdep -a -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr.c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_fake.c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/mm.c
cd /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm && exec make  all
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drm.c -o xf86drm.o
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmHash.c -o xf86drmHash.o
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmMode.c -o xf86drmMode.o
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmRandom.c -o xf86drmRandom.o
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmSL.c -o xf86drmSL.o
building standard drm library
ranlib libdrm.a
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c -fpic -DPIC /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drm.c -o xf86drm.so
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c -fpic -DPIC /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmHash.c -o xf86drmHash.so
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c -fpic -DPIC /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmMode.c -o xf86drmMode.so
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c -fpic -DPIC /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmRandom.c -o xf86drmRandom.so
cc -O2 -pipe     -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm  -DX_PRIVSEP -c -fpic -DPIC /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/xf86drmSL.c -o xf86drmSL.so
building shared object drm library
ranlib libdrm_pic.a
building shared drm library (version 2.4)
cc -shared -fpic  -o libdrm.so.2.4  `lorder xf86drm.so xf86drmHash.so xf86drmMode.so xf86drmRandom.so xf86drmSL.so|tsort -q` 
===> lib/libdrm/intel
cc -O2 -pipe -g    -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel			 -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include		 -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr.c -o intel_bufmgr.o
cc -O2 -pipe -g    -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel			 -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include		 -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_fake.c -o intel_bufmgr_fake.o
cc -O2 -pipe -g    -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel			 -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include		 -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c -o intel_bufmgr_gem.o
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c: In function `drm_intel_bufmgr_gem_init':
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1288: error: `I915_PARAM_NUM_FENCES_AVAIL' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1288: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1288: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel (line 92 of /usr/share/mk/sys.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm (line 48 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.subdir.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm (line 203 of /usr/X11R6/share/mk/bsd.xorg.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/xenocara/lib (line 48 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.subdir.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/xenocara (line 48 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.subdir.mk).
# 
I'm on an AMD Processor Box...Is that causing the build to fail?

I've read in other threads about Binary Upgrades and snapshot fetches; but Xenocara looks like it needs to be built from scratch.

I've obviously overlooked and "read too much into" the FAQ/Manuals. May I have some clarification on this witha few <SPOONFED> instructions if needed for the following questions:

a) Would the Upgrade Option from the install CD allow me to follow -current (kernel, src, ports) AND create the Xenocara "Port Directory"?

b) Should I have (re)built the system in the sequence listed in 5.3.2; and was my Xenocara build-error based on not having my kernel rebuilt after fetching the -current src/port directories?

c) May I have the "step by step" terminal instructions on the binary snapshot upgrade procedures that doesn't involve the install CD; and would that create the Xenocara Ports Directory?

Thanks.

Last edited by vermaden; 27th August 2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Use [ code ] tag instead of [ i ].