View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th July 2008
Spam Deminer

A few things-

Most people here will tell you that you are working with an older version of OBSD which is no longer officially supported. 4.3 is out, and 4.4 is around the corner.

Also, is the path being designated in the error message actually real? Does gd.so actually live there, or could it be somewhere else? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I've done this before.

Also, from what I can remember, until recently, rrdtool was 1.049 for quite awhile (as in the standard version for most releases of OBSD of late.) So when you say you loaded an older version, what version was that?

I can say with certainty that I had all of this working when I ran 4.0 - it was used for a Cacti installation (which ran, but was really really slow.) But coming full circle, instead of beating your head against a wall on this, you may want to install a newer version of OBSD. The nice thing about this solution is that the newer version of rrdtool is included as a package (1.2), and the quality of the graphics is vastly improved over 1.049 (or whatever earlier version you are using.)