View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th September 2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinz View Post
Ah, it looks like i was able to ssh into the openbsd box from the windows xp box it was directly connected to..
I can only assume that you are connecting your OpenBSD system into a Windows box because you either have no other ports available on your router, or you are simply wanting to play with the two interfaces found on one particular Windows box.

What is still not clear from discussion thus far is what IP addresses are used for this subnet between the Windows box & your OpenBSD system.

I suspect that you have configured each interface on your Windows box to be on a different subnet, & you are questioning how to communicate from other hosts connected to this wireless router through your Windows box to your OpenBSD system. In other words, you are wondering how to route packets from one subnet to another through this Windows box. In the Microsoft world, this is called multihoming, & you will need to ensure that the Windows box is appropriatedly configured. Some information on multihoming can be found at the following:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb457118.aspx