View Single Post
Old 31st March 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine View Post
Also, are there any problems printing to the secondary printer when a job is running, or sent, to the primary printer?
Now it's turning into the original scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine View Post
I've spent over a week on 7 different forums, including Microsoft's own VBScript forum, trying to find someone who can help me write a simple script that downloads a page from a specific URL and automatically print it on a secondary printer (not the default).
I think this is do-able.
Post your bash script so I know where you are at.

Apologies for not reading one of your earlier posts where you specifically say you can't install wget or other on these boxes.
Of course with a moving target (dynamic - more importantly not shared) this makes it hard to wget from your end and shovel the file on to them.

I suppose since you didn't say "yes ftp, ftp" that the file is not available via ftp.

A batch file for http will require either:
Installing wget on the client. Home and hosed.
Without installing wget on the client - either they need to be accessible to you (you push the file you wgot to their printer) or you need to be accessible to them (they retrieve the file you wgot from you).

Let me read between the lines.
They are grabbing a file from your company?
Put it on ftp.
They already have ftp (part of windows), you have a domain - ipso facto - they can access your file over the internet already via a batch file.
They can print locally to any printer they like via a batch file.
I am happy, you are happy, everyone gets rich.

Post the bash script.

Best wishes.

Last edited by diw; 31st March 2009 at 09:04 AM.