View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th August 2012
More noise than signal

I'd once written:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
I believe people should be comfortable coming here with no BSD experience and little or no technical background, but they must be willing to obtain both if they wish success.
Are you willing to build up some technical expertise, daemonfowl? If so, I am willing to assist you, but we will have to find some other way than this forum. If you cannot learn to use the FAQ or the man pages you will not ever be able to manage your own systems. You will forever be searching for a "HowTo" document from someone.

I'm willing to help you, but only if you are willing to learn. Consider any (or all) of the following communications methods, and let me know if you are interested in pursuing any of these.
  • Audio discussions -- if you would prefer conversational English
  • "White board" diagrams
  • Presentations
  • Shared tmux sessions
  • Instant messaging "chat"
  • Bootable system consoles via tmux sessions
If you are interested, let me know, and let me know which method(s) you feel might be helpful to you.
However, there is no way I can address your dozens of open, unresolved issues. Either pick: a) introduction to backup and restore, or b) an introduction to using tar, or c) ONE of your many open problems.
If you aren't interested in acquiring some technical self-sufficiency, let me know that, too, so I can stop trying to help.