View Single Post
Old 12th July 2012
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by barti View Post
Code:
OpenBSD 5.1 (GENERIC.MP) #188: Sun Feb 12 09:55:11 MST 2012
    deraadt@i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sy...ile/GENERIC.MP
Excellent! Thank you. This dmesg is very helpful. We now know you are running 5.1-release on the i386 architecture, and that your Network Interface is an bge(4) Broadcom Gigibit Ethernet device assigned to device bge0. It is very hard to tell from what has been posted, but it appears that you may have solved your network issues on your own.
Quote:
Code:
Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
...How can I prevent from fvwm from start at startup ?
It appears you have XDM configured for login via X, rather than starting X after logging in to the console. That's fine -- you just need to have an .xsession file, instead of the .xinitrc file. You can have two names for the same file, using the ln(1) command to create a hard link:
Code:
$ cd
$ ln .xinitrc .xsession
Quote:
I saved the output to text files.
then with lynx login to mail account and send them.
Good job!
Quote:
can't mount 2 disks , it is dell gx 520.
I don't understand what you are trying to say, here. Your dmesg shows a single IDE/PATA drive, assigned to device wd0. Are you referring to mounting of its partitions, or, are you referring to attaching USB drives such as memory sticks?
Quote:
bios issue.
I don't understand.
Quote:
which is better ?
stable ?

?

Thanks.
Only the most recent release and its prior release are supported. That is currently 5.1 and 5.0. More details on the development cycle, release numbers, and the various "flavors" of OpenBSD including -stable can be found in FAQ 5.1. Spending time with the FAQ will really help. Really.

Last edited by jggimi; 12th July 2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typos, clarity, replace symbolic link example with hard link example