View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th July 2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitykid View Post
Thanks for the help, rather the lack there of. That aside, I consider one BSD to be a branch of another. They are all related in the fact that all of the BSD operating systems are "BSD based". Not a whole lot different from what people call "Linux distributions". And I posted in the FreeBSD section because there wasn't a specific place for BSD in general.

Anyways, obviously community friendliness isn't something that is of value here. Unless that sense of hostility that I'm getting is unfounded.
This isn't really true, BSD's are unlike Linux distributions, the kernels and userlands are developed separately.. they may have originated from a shared ancestor, but each has their own methodologies and ideals now that have influenced the development in several different ways.

They are not distributions of something only lightly modified, and they are not amalgamations of 3rd party software.. they have a life of their own.

As for friendliness, you approached this wrong, I did end up posting responses to your questions.. but doing some initial research would have avoided ruffling feathers here, most undoubtedly garnering you some more friendlier responses.

Again, hope some of your answers were answered.. feel free to ask further questions, so long as you're willing to go that extra step.