View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago View Post
So, I must show the commands with which I attempt to connect to my network I guess, plus the hostname.if file.
Posting the complete output of dmesg(8) is fundamentally important.

Most of this thread has followed the pattern of you asking for help, various people making suggestions, followed by you stating that you have either already tried this & it still doesn't work. If we were standing behind you, we could verify your actions. As it is with some in this thread nearly half a world away, we can only take your word. Little hard evidence has been presented.

At least twice you have been asked to test a simplified configuration. Even if this isn't what you ultimately want as a working solution, it may help illuminate the fundamental problem(s). Troubleshooting situations where n variables are at play may become obvious when the number can be reduced to n - 1, or n - 2. etc. Rarely does attempting to configure a sophisticated configuration work on first try. Especially if one isn't familiar with the software/hardware. This is one of the reasons I asked you to take DHCP out of the picture. Since you never mentioned this in subsequent responses, I have absolutely no idea whether you did or didn't.

You are invited to read an older thread on what information can & should be considered useful when seeking support over the Internet:

http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=596
Quote:
As far as I know my interface does work, as doing an ifconfig bwi0 scan does show all the networks in range.
Again, it would be helpful to provide us the complete output of dmesg(8).