View Single Post
Old 16th September 2020
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacerdos_daemonis View Post
That is what I did the first time and the result was a broken system. Which is why I tried an upgrade.
This is new information. You described installing -release, then packages, then upgrading -- 3 times -- in posts #13, #20, and #29.
Quote:
It is not broken. It works fine. I just mentioned a warning displayed in the terminal.
Sorry for misunderstanding the word "error" in your post about it.
Quote:
The post was not a call for help. The purpose was informational. To let others know that support for this hardware will probably be complete for 6.8. If not, then definitely for 6.9.
The most recent information we have about your hardware is a dmesg(8) that shows only a single CPU is functional. If that is still the case, it is unlikely that a fix for that issue will be included in 6.8, unless you are willing and able to submit a bug report about your hardware to the Project soon, and a developer is able to take action based on your report. As noted above (and in the top line of your dmesg(8)), -current is currently named "6.8-beta" in preparation for release. You will be able to "upgrade" from this snapshot to 6.8-release upon its announcement and publication, as the release has not yet been formalized -- tagged in CVS. If you stay on -current and upgrade from snapshot to snapshot, you will eventually be on a -current which has moved ahead of 6.8-release, and must re-install if you wish to return to the release, as downgrades are not supported.

Additionally, no one outside the Project has insight into development schedules and can commit to any new support or features for 6.9.

Reporting bugs: http://www.openbsd.org/report.html