View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th July 2010
Package Pilot

Here's a perfect example:

jb_daefo made this post only a few days ago, which now have over 1000 views. My guest is through googling. The same thing that took me here in the first place.

http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=4393

I seen Google turn up threads from FreeBSD official forum (not as many as here though for my keywords), I visited and I read many times when some newly register person ask a technical questions outside of scripting, or ask about something out the norm "Great freaking Questions", then all h*ll break loose. It's like this administrator send in one of his cock-blockers to start a fight (by being a smart a*s) than 10 minutes later the administrator comes in to close the thread with an lame excuse OR screaming "RTFM" while his buddies trip over one another to pow-wow him on. (They want his job.)

We need more than one place to learn FreeBSD just like LINUX. Imagine your business join the FreeBSD official forum (with name, rank and serial#) and this unfair-administrator turns on you. Your thread is now close. Two days latter you are now Out-of-Business and it was all because your administrator did not like the way you post your question OR you sounded too cocky OR not cocky enough. Now you are on pin-and-needles, kissing-up for the rest of your life with no place to turn. I use to wonder why a place would have hundreds of viewer but near zero activity or new registration at the actual forum. Now I know ... The public is freaking scared to join.

Anyway, I am a member of two LINUX forums. The less the better. It took ba*ls for me to join this BSD-Forum and I did not join to hear the silence or to say bye, bye after I got my networks up and running. DaemonForums don't deserve to die. I bet it was "#1" not too long ago.

I'm a googler and this place proved to be the "WORLD" and it pops up with great solutions and BSD education when no other would. Somehow, I learn more about FreeBSD in the past 4 months when I was not a member

Sorry but this is the way I feel about it.

Last edited by sharris; 16th July 2010 at 07:13 AM.