View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th August 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFrettchen View Post
I'm trying to compile linuxCNC on Puffy.

But the gmake command give me :
Code:
In file included from emc/usr_intf/axis/extensions/_toglmodule.c:2:
./emc/usr_intf/axis/extensions/togl.c:66:4: error: #error Sorry Togl requires Tcl/Tk ver 8.0 or higher.
Welcome!

In general, this site doesn't provide support for porting new (not already found in the ports tree...) applications to OpenBSD as the number of people who answer questions here is quite small, & porting can become very tedious. On occasion, a question may be asked in which a member has significant experience. We welcome such exchanges to take place.

However, porting can frequently be very details oriented, skills intensive, & time consuming. Managing expectations & leveraging skill sets can be difficult from both sides. Because of the magnitude of unknowns, we usually state upfront that this level of support is outside of what we can sustain.

If any member wishes to help you in your quest, they are encouraged to speak up.

Recognize that Linux uses a different filesystem structure, & the libraries available may not always be the same. Likewise, no information was provided as to what version of OpenBSD you are doing your work. You will likely need to dig into the code yourself to understand why the configuration files are not finding Tcl/Tk. My initial guess is because it may not be located in the same location as where it would be typically found on a Linux installation.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited by ocicat; 12th August 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: clarity