View Single Post
Old 28th July 2016
Sam98

Smile

Well. Here I found a solution. For Debian, through Trisquel (based on Ubuntu: based on Debian). Both uses GRUB2 any way.

For what I heard (just opinions, they depends of hardware), is better to install OpenBSD in a first partition, and in the second a GNU system, if you want the dual boot. But is OK.

You have GNU on the first partition. Did you install OpenBSD in a second? Well, let's configure GRUB2 on Debian:

Quote:
$ sudo nano /etc/grub.d/40_custom
Immediately downside of comments (with those "#") lines. Initial "..." are a “Tab”:

Quote:
menuentry "OpenBSD" {
...set root=(hd0,1)
...chainloader +1
}
If you have OpenBSD on the first partition, this section: “...set root=(hd0,1)” stays like that. If it is not, just change, and put “...set root=(hd0,2)”. If you have troubles, please tell me here.

When you get it, just "Ctrl+X", "Y" (yes), and "Enter". Changes saved.

Like root:

Quote:
# update-grub
And then...

Quote:
# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
Almost done...

GRUB2 may ask you for a user to log into a Operative System partition. The user will be "grub", but you don't know the password (five numbers).

You can use the password, by knowing it, or you can delete it by editing a configuration text:
Quote:
$ sudo nano /boot/grub/grub.cfg
When it says:
Quote:
### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/01_PASSWORD ###
set superusers=grub
password grub FIVENUMBERS
### END /etc/grub.d/01_PASSWORD ###
If you don't want any more the password requirement, do this (comment this lines):
Quote:
### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/01_PASSWORD ###
### set superusers=grub
### password grub FIVENUMBERS
### END /etc/grub.d/01_PASSWORD ###
"Ctrl+X", "Y" (yes), y "Enter". Changes saved.

NOTE: Do not try then "sudo update-grub" or "sudo update-grub2". If you do it the password may be reestablished.

Well. Reboot, and tell us how it goes!