View Single Post
Old 6th June 2008
ISO Quartermaster

Folks, please watch the language. Any forum, especially one that may be almost quasi official is also, directly or indirectly, advocacy.

As for flash, most of the time, I can do without it, but unfortunately, there are those times when I can't. (Which could lead to a whole new thread.)

Sad to say, there are those times when I need or want flash 9 for one reason or another. Alsa, and now, pulse-audio, seem to be answers to questions no one was asking, and one would think that they would get it right, but....

Fedora was probaby the first to use pulse-audio--however, between that and tying sound to a gnome program, last November, they broke sound for 20-30 percent of their users. Ubuntu came closer to getting it right, possibly learning from Fedora's errors.
Right now, in Fedora, I'm using rawhide, which is thier testing---like CURRENT, but with more of an attitude of, Let's try this and if it breaks something else, well, we'll worry about that later, so I can't say--it didn't work last night, but might with the latest updates today, if I have a chance to check.

That's not a criticism of that attitude, they make it very plain and anyone using Rawhide does it at their own risk.