View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th May 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Exclamation Lookin for a Reasonable spec machine for donatuion to a Educational Institute as a So

II am attending a loacal community college withth e help OF College Living Experience Ft Lauderdale . As per usual they like the other educational instutions in the grater Fty Lauderdale area use Windows Xp Pro , which means i have to patition my fellow opensource fans for equipment for donation to them. I would be willing =to pay shipping and nothing more on a unit with the following specs.

Minimum: p 2@333mhz
minimum : 768 physical memory
Minimum 20gb hd ( plenty to install OpenSolaris and do the course work required for the Sun Solaris Certified Server administrator course porvideed by Sun Microsystemas)
minimum cd r/rw drive or dvd burner if you can spare the expense

I would really appreciate if one of mny fellow users and advocates would donate to my cause.
Thanks,

FloridaBSD
Windows = a 32 bit extensions to a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a four bit processor written by 2-bit monopolistic software company founded by a .3-bit Harvard Drop out, who can't stand one respectable bit of competition.
If I believe something to be immoral a will not keep quite and let my voice of annoyance be heard loud and clear.

Last edited by FloridaBSD; 26th May 2008 at 04:27 AM. Reason: OOPS I foregot that harddrivves don't come in 50gb