View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th August 2009
Rc.conf Instructor

J65nko,

I am so happy you asked that question. Just couple of days ago I was playing with similar things. Namely, I want to listen to Moskva.fm radio as well as Radio Television Serbia live program.

Moskva.fm uses flash to deliver radio as many other internet radio stations. So I was unable to play it. Recently swfdec-plugin was updated to the latest 8.2 for 4.6 release. The reason the port was stale is the lack of support for OSS audio by swfdec which was dropped around 6.8. I heard good reports about latest swfdec. It should be as good as Flash 9. Unfortunately I have no clue if there is work around for OSS problem. I know that Jake has submitted some patches to swfdec but they refuse because they want to support only ALSA.

Speaking of RTS it is RAM file. Theoretically mplayer plugin should play it without any problems. I had no luck on OpenBSD. I tested with SLAX. Plays without any problems.The Mplayer, ffmpeg, and similar ports are badly outdated for OpenBSD. However as we speak the MAJOR effort is under way to bring those ports to the latest releases. Just look the versions in current.

I absolutely have no experience with audio/Aqualung. Please let me know when you test it.

I found shell-fm which is the shell client for British Last.fm radio. It is FANTASTIC. I am speechless how good are both
the client and Last.fm station.

xmms has fm plugin. It didn't work for me.

There is also something called /net/flvstreamer for streaming media content. The problem with that is that you have to supply rtmp url which means you have to see the source code of the web-site.
It looks like /multimedia/get_iplayer should help but I have not played enough with it.

I am all ears and eyes to see posts on this thread.

Thank you,
OKO

Last edited by Oko; 25th August 2009 at 01:07 AM.