View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th July 2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureo;59233Should I delete all of them? Or some more than I did? Is “[B
locks[/B]” an untouchable directory? What happen if I delete it?
Nureo, since we are not there, we can only go from what you post, & we don't have sufficient information to answer all of your questions.

First of all, if you have been able to successfully install either devel/jdk/1.7, or devel/jdk/1.8 from a mirror site, I don't see the point of trying to build the corresponding port. If you are concerned about the inability to execute the java binary mentioned earlier, it is unclear whether you have done anything to find its location. Building a local port of the same package is not going to change this situation.
Quote:
When I tried to execute “java -jar i2pinstall_0.9.26.jar” or “java -jar i2pinstall_0.9.26.jar -console” to install I2P, it didn't work. It says: "ksh: java: not found".
...as we had already determined from earlier information. Unless you minimally modify the path set in ~/.profile, or supply all information in the command issued, you will get the error stated above. Depending upon what library classes are required, you will need to also set CLASS_PATH & possibly other environment variables I discussed earlier. It is unclear whether you have figured out what the values needed should be, nor setting them such that the Java environment knows where all necessary parts are located.
Quote:
How do I move the "ports/compiling" place to another directory outside of /usr/.

Would it work if I just move /usr/ports/ to /home (for example)? Like: /home/ports
Quote:
I don't know how to resize /usr/, but I think that is not a convenient idea.
To resize a partition, study the growfs(8) manpage, but this is dependent upon have empty space which is adjacent to the partition you wish to enlarge. My suspicion is that you have insufficient space allocated in several partitions. Depending upon how large your hard drive is, you may not have sufficient space to be building ports, but I don't know what is the size of your hard drive. I suspect you need to reinstall OpenBSD altogether in order to resize several partitions correctly, but I question if this really is the most important set of tasks you should be pursuing at this point.

Here are my recommendations:
  • Stop trying to build either the devel/jdk/1.7 & devel/jdk/1.8 ports for now. It appears that you are new to OpenBSD, compiling, port building, & there are a lot of things in which you need familiarity to proceed. Again, study Section 15 of the FAQ before proceeding down this path.
  • It sounds like you already have the JDK package installed from a mirror. Finish configuring java as I described before.
Fundamentally, you are asking us for support to build & configure an application which has not previously been officially ported to OpenBSD. As you can already see, there are a lot of issues you are running into where it is unclear whether we really understand what you are doing, nor whether our comments are really being helpful to you. As you can already see, we can each spend a lot of time going back & forth, & it is unclear whether this is currently productive.

While building this application may legitimately be a worthy goal for you, maybe you should be building your skill set in OpenBSD, understanding how the different pieces fit together, first. Smaller steps may be in order.

Last edited by ocicat; 16th July 2016 at 04:45 AM. Reason: correct grammar...