Thread: Fax software
View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd December 2008
VPN Cryptographer

Ok, let me explain.

This store has an online ordering system. When the orders are finished, a sheet is made up with the details and available online. That page needs to be printed on the store's Windows computer's second printer, not the default.

The employees have no access to Windows at all. It runs a 3rd party application and cannot be shutdown, nor would they want to. Too busy.

The order page must automatically print out within 2 minutes of being finalized online. They cannot use the default printer. There is no way to make a Windows script print on anything but the deafult. The only thing left is their fax machine. All their stores have fax machines for more uses than you would think. It has not gone away in that industry by any means.

So, until my "proof of concept" works and I can pay some Windows person to write code to make the second printer work, I can use their fax machines anywhere in the world for free.

All of the ports mentioned above I am aware of and looked at. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them before I plug away at it.