View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th October 2018
parrot

Quote:
for dmesg:
vendor "atheros", unknown product not configured. the output is huge though.
This is no problem, we all know the out put will be long.
Quote:
ibara >>(I'm assuming this is ath10k hardware, where OpenBSD only supports ath9k hardware).
Ibara, is much more expert then me, so I take his word for it, however "assumptions" are some times wrong, but this is why we need the full dmesg out put.
If the hardware is not supported, installing quirks will not change that.
It is a positive attitude, to not give up, but at the same time, it is not very logical to keep trying something that is not possible, over and over.
You mention the other OS, but not what it is, but you do say it has wifi ? And did you follow the earlier advice, to at least use OpenBsd 6.3 ?
My thoughts, since you are new to OpenBsd, and maybe new to any Unix like system, If this mysterious "other OS" supports a Virtual Machine of some sorts, set up a good VM within your working OS, install OpenBsd to that, you will, or should be able to use the wifi from the other OS, from the VM, exactly how to do that will depend on what Virtual software use, any way Open BSD works very well on a VM , in a virtual environment, and it will give you a chance to get more familiar with how it all works, etc. For now that is all from me.