View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th May 2011
The World is Yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpindy View Post
Let me know what you think and if I should adjust or change anything in any of the new ones.

...snip...

(Note: I decided to switch JWM with GNOME since it is used more and would give OpenBSD an image of being workstation-friendly and not only minimalist.)
I would recommend against using Gnome since its future is uncertain on the BSD's. Also, in two years' time, Gnome 2.x will be deprecated and a screenshot of Gnome 2.x will probably seem ancient (except for RHEL/Scientific Linux users).

No objections here.

What changed here? Xsetroot? At least on my OpenBSD installation, the default Xorg config looked like the first screenshot. Maybe a note that this is the default WM on an OpenBSD install?

Redundant, given that there was a Gnome screenshot earlier, and this is just the default XFce configuration. To address the workstation-friendly issue, I would dump the Gnome screenshot and just show XFce, since the screenshot will be relevant for a longer period.

Quote:
Updating the usage survey graph near the top of the wiki might also be useful if a more recent survey has been/can be done.
http://stats.wikimedia.org/archive/s...ingSystems.htm is the most recent statistic I've seen, although it is flawed in that it really only measures the combination of using OpenBSD on the desktop, and accessing Wikipedia through a web browser.